Craft: Make Lea's Rainforest Hut

 Hello everybody! Today I will be showing you how I made Lea's rainforest house!
It was fairly cheap to make, and if you just make the basic room structure; it doesn't have to be a rainforest hut. It could be a kitchen, living room, or even a bathroom; as long as you make a few changes.
 










 Here is an overview of the hut. For the main structure, I took three pieces of foam core board, and glued them together. I took another piece of coreboard and laid it down so I could make a porch, and then I covered it in some cute blue scrapbook paper. After that, I put burnt bamboo on all the corners. (Found in the floral section at most craft stores.)

 For the lantern, I just used a Christmas ornament, but you could also use the Our Generation camping set lantern that really turns on, or the one that I made in this craft.


 To make the hook to hold the lantern, I glued a small piece of bamboo to the back of the structure, and then I slid the lantern hook over it.


 Here is the roof. I made a basic structure using burnt/dried bamboo, and then I glued a bunch of raffia to the top. The raffia was not easy to work with, and if I did this project again, I would use something else like maybe moss.

This is the left side of the hut. I glued more bamboo to be a "ladder" to go to the bed, since I didn't make the bed to where you could lower it.













 Here is the bed! I put some wooden dowels to hold the bed, then placed a piece of coreboard for the bed. Then I cut more pieces of bamboo for the railing. For the bedding, I just used an old doll blanket and pillow.


 For the shelves, I just covered two jumbo popsicle sticks with some green craft foam.



 I am still working on the oven, but for now I'm just using an old OG kitchen.
The tutorial for the oven will be in an upcoming post.



 Here is the hammock. You can see how to make it here.



 Here is a side view of the hut, and you can also the the hammock on the side.



 Here is the railing. As you can see, it is a little different than the AG version, but I like it.



 An overview of the room.



 Lea in her bed. You can also see the cute little parrot!



To make the table, I glued a wooden tree trunk slab onto three pieces of the thick bamboo. I cut out a picture of buttons from a magazine that I thought looked like abstract art, I glued it to the wall, and lined it in bamboo.





















 











 
That's it! The great thing about making your own is that you can customize it to look like whatever you want.

I hope you enjoyed!


post signature

37 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I can't believe you made that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. My family and I are hoping to make a version of her jungle hut soon. You have given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! If you do make one, feel free to send me pictures! :)

      Delete
  3. Woow!! This is pefect. You are super creative and I love the hammock. It makes having a friend hang out in the hut more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Yes it does!

      Delete
  4. You did a great job! I'm impressed and may try and make one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do make one, feel free to send me pictures!

      Delete
  5. Love it!!!!Thank you for sharing, what are the dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I used three 20 x 30 foam core boards for the walls, and another 20 x 30 piece for the floor.

      Delete
  6. You did a great job! The hut is adorable and so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Amaya! I love to see people who re-create their own version of AG items. :)

    -American Girl Doll Crafter
    Dolldays.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Amaya!!!! Whery did you get the little parrot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the parrot from Michal's.

      Delete
  9. Fantastic! I actually like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Looks just like the real thing! And you can do so much with it that it doesn't seem worth it to buy the AG version when you can make your own! that's so awesome!
    great job!
    Did I already say it was awesome?! :) XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ROCK! This hut is great! You do wonderful work. Lea looks very happy in her hut.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! :) Yes, Lea really enjoys it!

      Delete
  12. I have that same kitchen lol
    This is absolutely AMAZING to the point where I don't even know where to begin!!! You have replicated it VERY well. I might copy some parts of it for my porch, like the hammock. I didn't know you could buy bamboo like that! I'll mention you as the inspiration for my porch redo if I post in on instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome and so creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Great! I am going to do a version of this, and I hadn't seen anyone who had done it yet, so this is great to see. What did you use for the showerhead?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a great job you did on Leah's Rainforest Hut. You have inspired me to start thinking about making one. I am going to get Leah in March when I go to the AG store for my annual Birthday Trip. You blog is a lot of fun to read. I just started my first blog with the help of my mom here is the link: https://hellodollieblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/
    When you have time, check it out and let me know what you think. It is in the beginning stages -Kara_

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where did you get the bamboo?

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool. You used a lot of natural stuff too. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool. You used a lot of natural stuff too. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did an amazing job! I'm beginning to make a mini hut for mini Lea! Your craft gave me some great ideas. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Natalie would be a good name.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! My daughter and I love your blog! We are recreating Lea's Rainforest house too! Yours is awesome! I love all the little details☺️👍🏻 One question, what did you use to cut the bamboo? It's so tricky!
    If you like, you can come see what we've been up to at:
    fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is awesome! I am making one, but I am using burlap for the roof ans just making it fringed. You can visit my blog at www.12craftychick.simple site.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cool! I was wondering how you made the shower. We have no ideas how to make ours and yours looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did an amazing job! I love the bamboo and your shower. Very very creative! I think your hammock is actually easier to use than the AG one. I made a mini hut for our mini Lea doll. Here is a link to see a picture.https://goo.gl/photos/kxkCf256uwvdMBR16. Again, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did an amazing job! I love the bamboo and your shower. Very very creative! I think your hammock is actually easier to use than the AG one. I made a mini hut for our mini Lea doll. Here is a link to see a picture.https://goo.gl/photos/kxkCf256uwvdMBR16. Again, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dinh thự hiện đại Luxury villas, comfortable, modern furniture, smart design, creative

    ReplyDelete