MCM Madison Benefit Sale Thoughts

Hey everybody! As some of you may know, I went to the Madison Benefit Sale yesterday! I thought in today's post I would tell you all what I think of the sale.

Honestly, I really don't know what all the hype is about, because all they had left when I got in the warehouse was books, some bitty baby stuff, and JLY dolls. I didn't really want another JLY doll, so I didn't get any dolls, and I decided to save up for Grace instead. The sale was not all that great, and unless you get a 7:00 A.M. ticket, there are no accessories or furniture left or maybe they never had any accessories or furniture to begin with. I was really disappointed with what was inside the warehouse, but the vendors were nice. They had nice homemade doll furniture, bedding, outfits, shoes, and more. I actually really enjoyed the vendors outside way more than the sale. Turns out, you don't even need a ticket  if you just want to visit the vendors. You only need to get a ticket if you want to go inside the warehouse where all the American Girl branded stuff is.

I know it is for charity, but if that's true, then I don't know why they sent most of the good stuff to the Oshkosh outlet instead of trying to raise more money. There is a silent auction that is not really silent because you write down your bid for everyone to see, and people were bidding more than the current price for stuff like Grace, etc...but maybe they were doing that for the charity.

I did not go to the Sunday sale, because I didn't want to waste my time there because it would have been way too crazy. I am very pleased with what I got at the vendors, though. I will show you everything I got at the sale later on. :) Anyway, here are some pictures of sale!



Here is a sign telling you where to go.






This is the entrance to the sale.











Here are the vendors!








This was one of my favorite vendors because they had tons of nice homemade doll furniture.







See the adorable diner booth on the left? That would look great in my doll diner!






This is the headquarters, but the actual warehouse sale was just down the road.






Inside the warehouse--the checkouts.

So what do you think? I honestly enjoyed the Wilmot Sale more than the Madison sale.
I hope you enjoyed!



post signature

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear it was so tapped when you got there. We have a trip report at http://Dollsbetweenus.wordpress.com
    We had 7:15 tix and everything was in stock. Not sure I would go again if tix were after 9:30, especially with the way the dolls have been showing up at the outlet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your report is interesting, thank you. It looks like that had a lot of dolls, but I still think they should have had more accessories and outfits. I am not sure why they are sending all the accessories to Oshkosh and selling them cheaper there.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about it being all bought out. but the vendors sounds really cool! I can't wait to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, everyone was really nice there. Even though it was super hot, it was a fun time anyway.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So very sorry it was a disappointment.

      Delete
    2. That's ok. A lot of people we talked to were disappointed. I met some nice girls, and they all thought there would be more there, but it was good to go one time. :)

      Delete