Craft: Make Doll Hangers

 Hey everyone! A while back when I was starting to collect American Girl items, my mom made me some doll hangers. They were so easy to make and less expensive then the ones at AG, so I decided to show you all how to make them! :)

Note: Please ask your parents for help with this project since the wire can poke or cut you. This wire is not hard to cut at all with fiskars wire cutters, but you still may need adult supervision.

 You will need: Scissors, slightly thick wire (you can find this in the floral section at your local craft store), lip balm (or something else about that size), and a doll hanger (optional).


 Start off by curling the end of your wire around your lip balm tube. You want the hook to be at least 1 1/8th".


 Use your doll hanger as a guide to make the sides and bottom, or you can follow these measurements: W:6", L:4".


 After you are done measuring, cut the excess off, leaving about 3/4".







 Then, start wrapping the excess around the bottom of the hook. 


 That's it!


 Now your doll can hang up her favorite outfits!


I hope you enjoyed!

post signature

15 comments:

  1. I did enjoy this! Great craft! :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Allie D.
      www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Great idea and it looks pretty easy and quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It is very easy to do!

      Delete
  3. These look so realistic! Now i just need to find some wire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it's an easy and quick craft. Hope you enjoy making it!

      Delete
  4. That is awesome! Yes, I bet cheaper than the springfield hangers too. I'm definitely saving this one for the future. Thank you for the inspiration and instructions.

    Love your nails...are you wearing Jamberry wraps?
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the store-bought ones can be a little overpriced sometimes. You are welcome! :)

      No, I did them myself. I have been practicing a lot. Lol

      Delete
    2. That's great! Your nails look awesome. My right hand is always worse than my left when I do my own. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice!
    I love your nails, you should do a nail art tutorial with your dolls doing the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I've always preferred wire hangers to the plastic ones. Just looks better to me! Will definitely be trying this soon! Also, I love your nails, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete