Craft: How to Make a Doll Ironing Board

   Hi everyone! Today, I will be showing you how to make a doll ironing board!

 Rebecca loves using her new ironing board!



You will need: 

Scissors
Glue and glue gun
Fabric
Wooden Dowels
Cardboard
Batting or Foam
Pencil
Tape Measure or Ruler

Let's get started!

First, using your pencil, draw an ironing board shape that is about 12" long.



Then, cut it out.



Here it is cut out.



Now, cut a piece of batting a little larger than your cardboard. If you are using craft foam, trace directly around your cardboard.

Now, use your batting as a guide to trace and cut your fabric. If you are using craft foam, cut out your fabric with a 2 inch space.

Now, you want to fold and glue your batting or craft foam onto your piece of cardboard.
Pull it kind of tight when gluing it down.

Now it's glued on.



Now it's ready to cover in pretty fabric of your choice.



Next you want to glue your fabric on.



For the base, take 2 24" dowels and cut them in half. (The dowel I used is about as thick as a pencil.)
You will now have 4 12" pieces. You are going to use 3 of them to form the "X" shape.
Just hot glue them together. One is going one way, and two dowels are going the other. I also cut 2 smaller pieces for the bottom of each leg. They were actually a slightly thicker piece of dowel that I had, but you can use the leftover piece from your 24" dowel since you only used half of it.

The final step is to glue your base onto the bottom of your board. If you want to make your board stronger,  you can glue popsicle sticks or pieces off dowel to the bottom of the board to reinforce it.


That's it!



I added some duct tape in a matching color for the little caps that go on the ends of the feet.
This step is optional.


I also made a quick iron out of purple craft foam and cardboard.


Now Rebecca can iron her clothes!



 I hope you enjoyed!

If you make this craft, feel free to send me a picture at amayapaes at gmail dot com. :)

Headband: Shop on Leighton Avenue
Overalls: 18 Boutique
Tank top: Magooses Muse Designs
Room: American Doll Room

post signature

22 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love the idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      You are very welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. That is sooo cute and looks very realistic! I love it! I'm definitely going to make one sometime! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! If you make one, feel free to email me a pic!

      Delete
  3. That is so cute, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun craft! I'll have to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I will make that.

    ~Devin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I'll have to make that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do, feel free to send me a picture!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You're really good at making things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so very cute and brilliantly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! It's such a cute ironing board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A girl and her dollsMarch 25, 2015 at 3:25 PM

    Cool, that looks really great!
    I love the manikin the doll dress is on, did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it from Goodwill. :)

      Delete