Craft: Make a Doll Diner Booth

Hi! Yesterday, my mom went to Michael's, and she saw this Doll Dining Kit on clearance for a super cheap price, so she got it for me. Stay tuned for a review post about it.

Here is the book. It was on clearance "as is" but nothing was missing!



One of the crafts in the book is this one. I have been wanting to make a booth for my doll's 50's diner, and I was going to do something like this. This tutorial makes it look very easy, so I thought it was exactly what I needed!

Here is the one pictured in the book. I love this cafe. It looks just like the cafe at American Girl Place!


I am going to make one that is red to match my doll's diner using the stuff I already have at home. I took this tissue box that had been converted into a Valentine's mail box, and I added some folded up layers of fabric instead of batting for the cushion. Then I took this fabric that is red on one side, and cut it large enough to hot glue around my tissue box.

Here is the tissue box covered in red fabric. I just used hot glue to neatly glue the red fabric underneath.

Then for the back, instead of using styrofoam like the book said, I used cardboard instead because I already had some on hand. I used two pieces.

I cut the fabric to to around it, and hot glued it on.


Then I glued the cardboard back to the seat.



Then I added a back to it by taking one large bubble from my mom's bubble wrap, and covering it with the red fabric. You could also use batting. Here it is complete. Then I placed it into my diner, and it's ready to go!

The dolls fit perfectly!



This would be cute for any type of doll cafe/restaurant you make!



Chloe thinks it is very comfortable.











I hope you enjoyed! I will review the whole set soon!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. I love that set! Except that I lost the book somewhere, so I'm glad you're showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool Amaya!, I am going to make this now!

    Xx Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I need to make one! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered the Doll Dining book a couple days ago from the sale at AG's website. I can't wait to see your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl and her dollsFebruary 22, 2015 at 9:33 AM

    wow, that looks so awesome!! I LOVE YOUR DINER!! so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl and her dollsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:00 AM

      what font do you use for your blog? I love it!!

      Delete