Welcome Girl of the Year and Recreating a Bistro Table and Chairs for Grace Thomas

Happy New Year, everyone! Well it's time for a new girl of the year, and I really like her!
I think she is so pretty!



And one of her furniture accessories that I noticed was Grace's Bistro Set. This set is pretty simple to recreate, and I already have a similar chair and a table that would work.  And I am pretty sure I have seen little chalkboards like that at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

You might have seen this chair and table in this post


The chair Summer is sitting in was from Home Goods and it was $10. It is a bistro-ish kind of chair. :)
And the table is one that I made using a treat stand top and a paper towel roll wrapped in black tape.


This counter is one that I have been planning to make into Samantha's Ice Cream Parlor ever since I showed you this post. But since I haven't finished it, I might decide to just keep it as a simple counter to use in a doll bakery. What do you think? The counter and counter top are from the wood aisle at Hobby Lobby, and I painted them white.

This treat stand is from The Shop on Leighton Avenue and
I think it works great for Grace's bakery, don't you?


And the treats, as you probably know, are mostly erasers.



But there is one treat this bakery is missing....macarons! And you will have a chance to win some for your doll soon, so stay tuned!

Summer's hat and scarf are from Magooses Muse Designs.

post signature

17 comments:

  1. I think you are off to a great start! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, and Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. Your dolls are adorable, and your blog is just so amazing. You are so great at crafting. It makes me smile every time I look at your blog.
    ~Devin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that really means a lot! I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  3. Friend of Jesus......January 2, 2015 at 8:23 AM

    that is so cute!
    are Hobby Lobby and Home Goods only in the USA? I have seen good stuff in other blogs from those stores and I really want to go to one! :(

    I think you should keep the counter like that, then you can use it for a lot of things, you could even use it for a jewelry
    counter, and display little things in the cupboards.

    did you make the counter or did it come like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are only in the U.S. You could try going on their website to see if they ship to other countries though! :) Yeah, I probably will keep the cabinet like that, I may build the other part of the set, but not glue it on, so , like you said, I can use it for other things. The cabinet was from Hobby Lobby, but I spray painted it white, also, the top of the cabinet was a wooden cutout also from Hobby Lobby, and I just glued it on top to have a bigger counter. :)

      Delete
  4. Friend of Jesus......January 2, 2015 at 8:24 AM

    wow, that was a really long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Happy New Year!
    As I paged through the catalog this time and scrutinized Grace's collection I thought about you and about the others who could easily do it yourself from things at Micheal's and other craft stores. Paris is such a huge theme this year you can find a lot of Eiffel Tower inspired items at those places. Looking forward to other creations through out 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Happy new year to you too! Yeah, Paris is a "hit" now. :) So do I! :D

      Delete
  6. Cute, you are so creative! I love your blog!
    ~L.Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! :) That means a lot to me!

      Delete
  7. I have a bistroish chair too!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cute! Those are great ideas for recreating that set! :)

    ReplyDelete