Make a Pack of Gum for Your Doll with Printable

Hello, everyone! Today I have a fun craft for you that your dolls will love. We will be making a pack of gum, including the little white gum like the kind you have to punch out of the foil, and a free printable for the package. So let's get started!
Here is the free printable gum pack. You can find one yourself online, but I couldn't really find a good one, so I made my own, and I am sharing it with you! This image is actually 500 x 875 pixels because the quality will be a lot better when you print it a smaller size. I just printed it out as a wallet x9 size, which means 9 will fit on a page. I used Easy PhotoPrint EX to print it. It looks best on photo paper.

For the inside of the gum pack, you will need some plastic packaging that looks like a gum tray, white craft foam or polymer clay for gum, silver scrapbooking paper, scissors, glue, and clear packaging tape (not pictured/optional.)
Note: If you can't find some plastic like this, you can skip this step and just print the gum package and put a piece of cardboard inside to hold it's shape.

I noticed that this plastic packaging looks like it could be a gum pack, so I cut out a square of it. Make sure it is small enough to fit doll sized gum. Your final gum pack should be about 1 1/4", so make sure the clear plastic is slightly smaller  than.


It came in my brother's Chill Factor Ice Cream Maker Package. :)



Cut out a piece and be careful not to cut yourself. Ask for your parents help.



Now carefully trim it to a nice neat square (or rectangle if you are printing a rectangular pack of gum.)
Make sure you have enough little bumps for as many pieces of gum as you want.


Here I have made 9 little pieces of gum using polymer clay, but you could just cut little pieces of white craft foam for the gum. I tried to make them perfect rectangles, but they will look ok inside the package. Just make sure they will fit in your plastic tray thing and are flat enough so the tray can be glued to the foil paper.

Put a little glue inside the plastic tray.Place your gum inside.
Don't worry, the glue will dry clear and it won't look messy.


This scrapbooking paper is cool. It looks like the kind of foil from a gum pack.
Cut out a piece of it slightly larger than your gum package. 


I rounded the edges. Make sure the foil paper is about 1 1/4" wide.



Then put some glue on, then place your gum package on it.



Let it dry. The glue will all dry clear and you can just peel off any excess glue around the edges once it's dry.



Now take your printable and make sure it is the right size for your gum pack. If it's too small, you can trim your gum pack a little.


I laminated mine with clear packaging tape before I cut it.



Cut it out.



Fold it pretty much in half. Just leave a tiny strip longer on the front to fold under. 



Like so. Glue it down with just a little glue, not too much. Let it dry.



That's it!



Now your doll will have fresh breath in the New Year! lol



Keep this away from small children!



I hope you enjoyed!


  post signature

21 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Thanks for this fun craft!

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done and explained! Thank you ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome! I just made two and will make more, but I adjusted it slightly. thanks so much, I never thought of making doll gum. I will put it in the grocery store that I am working on.

    I would love to see how to make a cucumber without clay, cause I don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a grocery store sounds cool. I would love to see photos of it when you are done.

      Delete
  4. aww, that is so realistic and adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! My sister LOVES gum, so she'll definitely have fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that is sooo cute!!!!! It looks real! I can't wait to try it! You are so good at coming up with adorable crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! I love the cute printable gum pack and making the gum looks pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool craft! But how did you make your own printables?!?! Because I would love to make some for my blog!
    kaitlynh1 from Kaits AG Crafts

    ReplyDelete