Craft: Make a Fireplace for Your Doll (or Your Desk! lol)

Do you need a place to hang your doll's stockings? Well you've come to the right place!
We are having a desk decorating contest in our class at school. Last time, I turned my desk into a gingerbread house and I won. :) This year, I am making it into a fireplace. But I thought, since I'm going to all this trouble, why not use it for my dolls too!

Here is the fireplace I made.


Fireplaces come in different sizes. Some go all the way to the ceiling, some are smaller, so I think this one works for my dolls, but if you want to make yours a little smaller, you can still use the idea and make it whatever size you want!

So as you can see, I just used a big cardboard box that is folded on the sides.  I ended up cutting off part of the sides so it wouldn't be as deep. There's no back. For the top, I folded down the flap and hot glued it in place to make a little mantle. I was going to make it white, but I decided not to. I cut off the other 2 side flaps. I cut out a hole in the front for the logs and fire, and I covered everything in scrapbooking paper. You can really do it however you want!

This is how it turned out. It will fit perfectly around my desk at school, but my dolls are really happy to have a place to hang their stockings!

On the inside I just crinkled up some brown paper and set a flickering battery-operated candle in the middle. You could make some little logs out of brown paper, put tea lights in it, whatever you want.

I hope you enjoyed!


post signature

11 comments:

  1. That is SO cool!I'll have to see of I have a box to use!Good luck!I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *speechless* wowWOWwowWowwowWow good job! That is a really creative idea :) I can see how you would've won last year :D Hope you win again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good fireplace, I hope you win the desk decorating contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I hope you win, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A desk decorating contest is perfect for you! This is really cute. I hope you win!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the contest! Great fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck, Amaya! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fireplace is sooo cool! You did a fantastic job on it and I love it! I hope you win! Good luck! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! When will you post the winner of the giveaway??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! It's great that you get to decorate your desk at school - I agree with the others in thinking you will win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks really good I am good but that good!

    ReplyDelete