Craft: Make a Doll Sized Sharpie for Your Doll's Stocking

Hi everyone! It's almost Christmas, and if you need a last minute stocking stuffer idea for your doll, you have come to the right place! :)
I made a sharpie for my doll using polymer clay, and I will show you how I made it, so let's get started!

Here is the finished marker. You can do it in any color you want.



You will need polymer clay in light gray and another color of your choice, and a toothpick. You might also want some glaze.


Cut off your toothpick to make it a little shorter. Leave one end pointy.



Take the light gray clay and roll it into a cylinder a little wider than your toothpick.



Now poke it onto the toothpick leaving some toothpick showing on both ends.



Now take the other color clay and roll it into a smooth ball.



Now into a cylinder that is a little shorter than the gray part...



Now poke it onto the toothpick's non-pointy end and kind of shape the tip to look like the tip of a Sharpie. 



Now do the same thing on the other end.



Make a pointy tip around the end of the toothpick. You can paint or color it with marker later. Now roll the whole thing back and forth a little to make it all smooth.


Don't forget the clip! Just take a tiny piece and roll it out than press it on. Try not to get lint on yours like I did on mine. You can sand it when it's done baking to remove it.

Now bake it for 25 minutes at 250 degrees. After it cools you can color the tip with a marker and then glaze the whole thing if you want to.

That's it! I wrote a logo on it but I think it might look better with stickers or something else. I might try that with the next one. :)


I hope you enjoyed! I'm off to my grandma's for Christmas, and I will be back in a couple days! I hope you all have a great Christmas!!


post signature

21 comments:

  1. That looks just like the real thing. :)
    Have fun at your grandma's! Merry Christmas!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had fun. I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!

      Delete
  2. Such a cool DIY.It looked like a real sharpie,I have to try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend of Jesus......December 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM

    nice, that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad I already filled their stockings! Dang, its sooo cute!
    Ella xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, well you can always give it to them later!

      Delete
  5. Cool craft idea! So realistic!

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute craft! It looks like a real sharpie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, I should make this for Esther sometimes, it's so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like the real thing! I wish I came up with all those crafts.👍😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, maybe you can make it for your doll!

      Delete
  9. why aren't you posting? I miss it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at my grandma's for a couple days for Christmas. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  10. That is sooo cute! It looks so realistic! I will have to make a few sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete