Christmas Gift Idea Series Craft #1 Cork Coasters

Hey everyone! Christmas is only in a few weeks, so I decided to start this series for gift ideas for your dolls just like I did last year. I am going to show you how to make super easy cork coasters today, you probably have seen them before, in magazines, and in people's houses, so I had to make some for my dolls of course! The set I am making today is going to be for Saige because she loves decorating and has been wanting come cute cork coasters. 

Le's get started!
Here is what your coasters will look like. 
McKennna helped me make them today! 



You will need: A sheet of cork (you can find these in a small roll at the craft store), a sharpie, pen or pencil, scissors, and a small container slightly wider than your doll's drink. I used a rosemary container. You can use any spice container though. 

Start by placing your spice container on your cork. Take your pen or pencil and trace around the spice container. 

Then cut it out as neatly as possible. :) 

Then, placing the cork circle on a sheet of paper, take your sharpie and draw on a fun design. You can also use paint, but sharpie dries faster and is easier to do. 

I decided to do a simple tree design.



Here is the final product! McKenna can't wait to give this set to Saige!












I hope you enjoyed!

Are you going to make a gift for someone this year?

post signature

16 comments:

  1. Super cute! I absolutely love the tree design. You're SO good at stuff like this, Amaya! And on a completely unrelated note, I like McKenna's hair. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! I like the tree design too! :) Lol, I like doing fishtails on my dolls.

      Delete
  2. LOL, as soon as I saw your header, I'm like, "yup, it's thanksgiving time."
    cool idea! I really want to make a series too this year of something christmas-ey.... hmm..
    definitely gonna try those out though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks! That would be cool! If you do, feel free to send me a picture at amayapaes at gmail dot com!

      Delete
  3. Those are soooo cute! McKenna looks adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! McKenna says thanks too! :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, I would just like to let you know that I have nominated you for an award: http://gumnutstreetdolls.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will have to check it out. :)

      Delete
  5. The coasters are adorable and look pretty easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea! :) Great craft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My coasters look exactly like these! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete