Craft: Make a No Sew Peasant Top for Your Doll

Hi there! A few weeks ago, we went to the Renaissance Faire. It was a lot of fun, and I was inspired to make something for my dolls to go with the theme. My mom showed me how to do a quick no sew tunic that would work, so I tried it and here is how it turned out.

It works best with fabric that doesn't fray. Mine did fray a little.



So cut a piece of fabric that is twice as long as the length from your doll's shoulder to her thigh. You can see that I folded mine over. And cut it the width of her arms stretched out, from wrist to wrist or a little shorter.

Then make holes on each side of the doll's waist. Mine is folded over, and I cut holes through both sides.


Then take some chord and pull it through going out the back and back through the front.


Also cute a "V" for the neck. Do this while it is folded in half so it is actually going to be a diamond shape.



Now just put it on the doll!



And tie. I think it looks like a medieval peasant top.







I hope you enjoyed!


post signature

10 comments:

  1. That is super pretty! I love Saige's hair. :)
    AG Chick
    americangirlchick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute! A great idea and it looks like it isn't too hard to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That. Is. The. CUTEST thing I have ever seen. Oh my gosh, I need to go get some fabric. This is adorable. I just love Renaissance/Medieval stuff. Super cute!!! =D
    ~Adaline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This is such an awesome idea! I love how you did it without sewing, but since I know how to sew, I will just modify your tutorial and hem it! This is definitely going to be a future project of mine. :)

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will absolutely make this sometime! I might sew it just a bit so I could put some Velcro on the back of it though. :)
    **June**

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! That is too cute! I absolutely love it! Great idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a good idea! could you make a craft on some cute and easy fall treats (like cookies, cupcakes, etc.!) i think it would be so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. did u see the queen at the renaissance fair? She's my acting teacher.

    ReplyDelete