Craft: Make A Cash Register

Hello! Today I have a fun craft for all of you who like Samantha's Ice Cream Parlor set from American Girl.

I will show you how I made a cash register inspired by her old fashion cash register below.


This is the whole set. Today I will just be making the cash register. I hope to show you how to make the whole set eventually!


For this cash register, you will need cardboard, gray paper, silver/metallic stickers, (or if you can find paper that already has that design, you don't need the stickers,) glue, number buttons/embellishments, a pencils, some silver braided ribbon.
You will need to cut out the back, two sides, a front, a top, and a bottom in cardboard, and the same thing in your gray paper.

I started by sketching my design onto the cardboard. I wanted my cash register to be about 4" wide, and about 3" deep, and 4" tall.
Once the cardboard is all cut out, started gluing it together.

Like so....



You need to pre-bend the front piece so it matches the side curves. Carefully glue it on following the curves. Notice I have a space on the bottom for a drawer.
I glued on the top and bottom too.

Now glue your gray paper on. There will be some ugly edges.



So I covered those up with the silver twisted ribbon.



Next I glued some little beads on that look like number buttons. You can find them in the scrapbooking section of the craft store.




For the drawer, I just cut a piece of cardboard almost as big as the bottom of the cash register, then I cut a thin strip to glue around it, and you have a drawer! Then I covered it on some more gray paper and added my metallic stickers.
Here is the finished drawer.

Then I added a few more metallic stickers all over, and I printed a little rectangle with a price in it. That's it!

And the drawer really opens. :)



Summer wants this cute purse.



I didn't put stickers on the back, but you can if you want to.



Summer wanted to try it out too.







I hope you enjoyed!


post signature

31 comments:

  1. This is super cute, and looks so easy! I so want to try this; just adorable! =D
    ~Adaline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, I hope you do try it!

      Delete
    2. IKR thats so cool Amaya!:) rly creative too

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous! I'll make it for sure! My daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What in the world??? This is amazing!!! You are definitely good at crafting It looks really awesome...
    AG Chick
    americangirlchick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad you like it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Very cute. Well done!
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You are one crafty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out terrific, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great job! You do everything so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cash register idea!
    **June**

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is awesome! I will definitely be trying something like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another project for my bucket list. Lol really cute I'm sure my granddaughters will love it thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank full , cash register he was new Way to help to us to get the business running sucessfull.

    ReplyDelete