Around the Water Cooler: 50's Fun, MAG, and More

Hi, and welcome to the first installment of "Around the Water Cooler."
Today's themes: 50's fun, My American Girl #61, and more.

First of all, some of you wanted to know where I got the doll sized water cooler. This was a yard sale find and it was only 40 cents. I have seen mini ones before that had Hello Kitty, but I like this regular one and it really works.

And now for our first water cooler topic:
Just Like You #61

I went to the American Girl Place Chicago in August for my birthday, and the JLY #61 was sold out! It must be really popular. What do you think? Do you want her? Why do you think she is so popular? I think she is very pretty.

And the last topic for today is a topic someone emailed to me: 
American Girl might be adding a 50's doll to their Beforever line. I have heard this too, and Our Generation has a lot of retro stuff that would work great with a new 50's doll.

I found this:
This is on the Our Generation website and I don't know if it is from the past or future. I think it's super cute.

There's this outfit which they currently sell on the Target website. It is adorable and very 50's.

It is similar to this one from American Girl. This one is called Sock Hopper and I think you can find it on ebay.

Here is another one from the Our Generation website which I hope they sell soon at Target. I have never seen it before in the store, have you?

And there's this adorable set, which I have mentioned before. I have seen this one at my Target.


And speaking of cute stuff at Target.....

Have you seen this luggage set? It's awesome. I didn't like the old suitcase that was pink and white polka dots. But this blue suitcase with the little luggage tag is really cute and realistic, and it comes with so many cool accessories like the cute neck pillow, the cosmetic bag, little gummy bear candies (love!), and more. I haven't seen this at my Target yet, have you? I saw it on the Target website here.

Well that's all for today's edition of "Around the Water Cooler."
I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to send me anything you'd like me to discuss in the next edition! You can email me at amayapaes at gmail dot com.

post signature

19 comments:

  1. I love JLY #61! Her wavy red hair is so lovely. :) I think people like her because she's the only one with the long red hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess that's true. I think she's really pretty.

      Delete
  2. I love #61 ♥ She's so pretty and I loveee her hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that luggage set sooo bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I want a tiny water cooler like that sooo bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find a lot of unique stuff at yard sales!

      Delete
  5. I really love thst record set. My mom said she'd get it for me if she could ever find it!

    (From Julie's doll mom):

    I think this is one of OG's future items, hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, I wish they sold these sets and they would really sell a lot!

      Delete
  6. 61 is gorgeous, she'd be on my wish-list if I didn't already have an abundance of red-headed gals. xD
    That luggage set is adorable. I so love it. :)
    ~Adaline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the redhead I have is Saige and #61 would be nice in my collection. :)

      Delete
  7. Target has all sorts of cool stuff on their website for OG--good luck finding it! I get so frustrated with them and I know several other people who are upset too.

    I would LOVE to see a 50's doll for AG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is frustrating. The 50's outfit and the luggage set is for sale online but the record set and bowling set are a mystery. I don't think they are for sale yet.

      Delete
  8. Love the water cooler.
    The 45s or records could have more realistic look to them and titles too, but I bet copyright issues arose there.
    LOVE the luggage set. I may have to get this one. Super cute.
    I do like #64 because of how red her hair is. The others in the red category are more of a dark strawberry blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a idea of what the next subject should be for the next "around the water cooler"
    :the new catalog 4 American girl -I got it in the mail and didn't even order it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What new A.G. Catalog?? I LOVE the new suitcase! I am just asking for money for my upcoming b-day , and I am so going to get this at the store or online. I am also going to get clothes.:)

      Delete