DIY Project/Doll Room Tour

Hi there! Yesterday I showed you the surprise, a peak inside this box. Today, I will give you a tour. So let's get started!

First, here is an overview of the whole room.


On the right side is the desk area.



And on the left, we have the bed with side table.



Above the bed are these circles that came out of an AG sweet treats book. They are supposed to be pencil toppers, but I thought they would like cute on the wall.


For the bed, I am using an AG doll box which looks like a white bed skirt or bed frame, and the bedding that my grandma made me. The floor is some leftover vinyl tiles we had in the garage.

The walls of the box are just covered in some scrapbooking paper that was on clearance at Joann Fabrics a few months ago, and the top is covered in white poster board. Tip: If you choose scrapbooking paper that already has lines in it like this wood one, you can match them up so you won't see where they meet. For the poster board, it is bigger, so it's better than a bunch of small pieces of paper patched together. My mom helped me cut some strips of moulding to covered where the top half and the bottom half meet.

The headboard is an old little shelf that I think my grandma gave me, I'm not sure. It was grayish-blue. Now it has fresh paint and some accessories, and I think it makes a pretty good headboard. :)

And beside the bed is this cube thingy that I am using as a side table.



I put a mini plant inside (from Pier 1), the Bible I made here, the owl decoration that my grandma made (you can check them out here), a tissue box my mom made a long time ago, and the little key is from an old necklace. I think it is the perfect size for American Girl dolls!





A closer look at the plant? lol



Oh, and of course there is a lap desk on the bed, with Rebecca's tablet and her tea.


Moving to the right side we have the AG retired desk and the chair I made here.
And the AG doodle backpack is sitting on the floor as well as little basket with some magazines inside.

The little turquoise frame, I can't remember where it's from. It might be Michaels. And the picture inside came out of an AG friendship book. The popcorn is from some play food I had when I was little, and it's the perfect size for my dolls! The pencil holder is the one I made here.

Here you can see that the ceiling still needs to be painted white, and it needs moulding. And I want to add a light.


Chocolate loves the new room.







You can make one too! You need a box that's big enough. My mom got this one at Christmas time because she ordered some stuff on Amazon and they came in this big box.

The total cost was about $2 because the box was free, the stuff inside was stuff I had or am using as doll accessories, and the walls are just clearance paper that are glued on with Aleene's (which I already had.) The wood paper was like .17 or .19 each, and the moulding was from my dad's garage. But if you don't have the moulding, it is only like 2.57 at the hardware store! And like I said, the floor was some old tiles leftover from our floor.

So I hope you enjoyed this room tour and maybe you will be inspired to make one too, or maybe you already have. I'd love to see your doll room photos. You can send them to amayapaes at gmail dot com. I will be happy to feature your photos in a post!


post signature

45 comments:

  1. So awesome!!!!!! Where did you get the cube-bedside table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I got it a long time ago from Target.

      Delete
  2. That is sooooo cute! I'm in love! You did an amazing job on it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so realistic! It makes my doll rooms look really bad. xD

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure your doll room is really good!

      Delete
  4. I would LOVE to do a room like this,except my doll house is so small that we only have room for bunk beds and a few shelve in a large room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your room is amazing!! Ugh I wish we could do this with our dolls :P
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You never know when you might be able to! :D

      Delete
  6. I love this room! You have given me so many good ideas on how to use things from around the house or that cost pennies at the craft stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I'm glad I could help!

      Delete
  7. omg you r so smart!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome doll room! Great inspiration for the design and execution! You have so many great ideas. Thank you so very much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) That's so nice of you! You're welcome!

      Delete
  9. Adorable! So many wonderful ideas, just shows what you can do and not have to spend a ton of money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas lights will work for lighting, just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I might be using one of those locker chandeliers though, but you never know lol!

      Delete
  11. Omgosh its awesome!that is a american girl doll box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! No, it's just a large box my mom got when she ordered something off Amazon, but any large box will do!

      Delete
    2. Sorry i got u confused the bed is that a ag box

      Delete
    3. Yeah the bed is an AG doll box.

      Delete
  12. Wow! Talk about recycling! Well, maybe not "recycling" but you're really being crafty and creative there! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that idea, and it is really organized too! I am totally considering this, I have everything for it, now I just have to find a box big enough....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that comment was from **June** Sorry!
      **June**

      Delete
    2. You should try it if you find a box!

      Delete
  14. Hi Amaya! My name is Natalie, and I absolutely love your blog! And I was just wondering if I could send you photos of my AG doll house I made? If not that's okay! Great room by the way!
    AG4Jesus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'd love it if you send photos of your doll room! You can send them to amayapaes at gmail dot com

      Delete
  15. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FAKE IPAD AND LAMPS? <3 LOOVVVEEE IT so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did not want to cut all the flaps off my cardboard box so I left one on as a sun porch

    ReplyDelete
  17. how did you make the plant

    ReplyDelete
  18. don't have ag doll box what would you suggest

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMYGOSH OMYGOSH OMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS ADOKABLY CUTE!!!!! AND SOOOO CREATIVE!!! HOW DID U MAKE THE IPAD? AND IF YOU BOUGHT IT, WHERE WHEN AND HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY CUZ I WANT TOO FOR CHARLOTTE AND GRACE! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my goodness this is so cute! I really want to make one now!
    I have Rebecca too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i have one behind my bed but its really cramted

    ReplyDelete