Craft for Girl OR Doll: DIY Locker Light / Doll Chandelier

Hi there! Today I have a fun back to school craft for girls. But this is a doll blog, right? So why am I doing a craft for girls? Because today's craft can also be for your doll! I need to finish up my doll room, and today's craft is another step closer to finishing it!

Here is the light we will make.


You will need: a push light that is magnetic or velcro, an empty duct tape roll, pretty paper, glue, stickers on a roll or bling on a roll, other decorations.

I like the way this sticker looks, and it is the right color! Start by cutting it into equal strips long enough to let your light hang down. If you're not sure what I mean, look at the next photo.

Like this. I am using five strips, but you can use more if you want to. They are all the same length. I just stuck them on, but you can add a dab of glue of you want to.

Now attach them to your light carefully.



Now cover the empty tape roll with pretty paper! Measure slightly wider than the tape roll to cover the edges. I also added a strip of the sticker roll for decoration.


Then you can decorate it however you want. I glued these sequins on. It might be better to use jump rings and poke them through so they dangle, but I didn't find any jump rings. If you want to, you can also cover the top/light with the same paper and stickers, but you don't have to.

That's it! Just stick it on, and your doll (or you) has a light!















Did you decorate your locker at school? I did!


post signature

19 comments:

  1. cute, where could I get a push button light? Also, I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you can find them at the hardware store or even Walmart or Dollar Tree.

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! I will definitely do this if I can find a light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cute and creative craft, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever, will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might make this chandiler! I am so excited to make my doll room, what do you suggest: cutting of the top of the box, or leaving the top on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is cool to have a ceiling so you can have a light or chandelier. So if you have enough light without cutting out the top, I would recommend not cutting it out. :)

      Delete
  6. Where did you get all your doll stuff from? I love everything! I would love if you did a post on where you bought all your doll stuff from! I love everything in McKennas room, and the kitchen and everything, if you would like to tell me in private where you bought the stuff, (lol) please email me at missangelsblog@gmail.com my blog is missangelblog.wordpress.com . Thankyou! I am getting the Grace doll this year and she is my first American Girl! Xx Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. When I originally read "push light" I thought it said plush light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all the same length. I just stuck them on, but you can add a dab of glue of you want to. tropical chandeliers lights

    ReplyDelete