Craft: Make a Doll Sized Pencil Holder

Hello everyone! I promised to show you my new doll, but first, I have a back to school craft that your doll will need to keep on her desk.

Your doll will need a pencil holder to keep her pens and pencils handy for doing all that homework. :)

You will need: Craft foam, scissors, glue, and decorations like paint or ribbon.


For this craft, you can be creative. I was going to try to decorate a K-cup, but it was a little too big, so I decided to use craft foam, but you could also use large popsicle sticks cut into the same size as we are going to cut the craft foam.
Start by taking your craft foam and cutting 4 equal pieces about 1 1/2 x 3/4".

Here I have cut one.


I used it as a guide to cut 3 more.


Carefully glue each side together.


Making a cube like this. Make sure you glue the first side over the second, and the second of the third, and so on to make a perfect square.

Next cut a square to fit on the bottom.


I had a slight accident, so I switched colors to beige. :)
I cut a thin strip to glue around the bottom.

Next I took my puffy paint and just painted some simple tulips on. If you don't want to paint, you can decorate with ribbon or anything you want.

That's it!





My dolls will be using it a lot!




I hope you enjoyed! When do you start school? I start Monday!

post signature

13 comments:

  1. I finished my first week of school today!
    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is early. I hope you had a good week.

      Delete
  2. That's super cute! I can't wait to try it! You are so creative!
    P.S. I'm going to do a post on my blog about my prize from you tomorrow, so you can check it out if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont start until the 4th, and i have half days for the rest of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I do, and I will post it soon!

      Delete
  5. You got nominated for an award at my blog http://agfanblog2013.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete