Craft: Make a Pet Bed for Your Doll

Hello! American Girl sure does have a lot of new cute items. I love all their new pet beds and other accessories. Today I will show you how to make a pet bed and save some money.

Coconut and Caramel have been taking turns using it.



Here is what you will need: a square piece of wood that's about 6" x 6", 3 large popsicle sticks, paint and paint brush, glue and glue gun, beads (for the legs), and a pot holder.


Here is the piece of wood/plywood. This will be the base.



Now take your popsicle sticks and cut them to the length of the sides of your square base. You can sand the ends smooth if you need to.


Here I have all 3 cut to the same length as my square.



Now glue each side on by applying a strip of glue just along the bottom.



Here is one side glued on.



Now here I have all 3 sides glued on.



Now paint your pet bed the color of your choice. Make sure it will go with your pot holder.



I also mod podged mine since it was flat paint. That will give it a nice finish.



Now flip it over and glue beads on all 4 corners for legs. No I didn't paint underneath but you can if you want to. I just glued 2 pony beads together for each leg.


Now you're almost done. Your pet just needs some padding, right?




Take your pot holder (this one came from the Dollar Tree).....



And just tuck the little loop down with a safety pin or tape or whatever you want.



Now flip it over and place it into your pet bed.
That's it!



The pot holder is the perfect size. It even goes up the sides like a pet bed.



All my doll's pets think it's really comfortable.











It also goes with my doll's decor really well.



I hope you enjoyed! Here are some other pet accessories you can make; a pet food bowl, a toy mouse, and a pet  play tower.

post signature

19 comments:

  1. That's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea! Definitely gonna try it out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I hope you enjoy making it!

      Delete
  3. Looks awesome. Thank you for the instructions and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so good at finding ideas for crafts! That looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's really nice of you!

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's way cuter than the pet beds from AG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, looks like a pet throne! Fabulous creativity, and again very good comprehensive post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get Caramel? It is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe wish I had seen this before I ordered an american girl pet bed, I could have saved money :c
    If she gets another pet in the future I will make it, it's very own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, so easy but real looking!
    excellent idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so cool! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice just wondering did you make your dolls desk?
    -Isabel

    ReplyDelete