Craft: Easy Doll Gift Box

Hey there! Today I am going to show you how to make a doll gift box, such as a shirt/clothing box! Let's get started!


Here is the finished gift box.



You will need: Paper, Pencil, Paintbrush, Ribbon, Scissors, and glue stick (not pictured).



 Start off by drawing a large square on the corner of your paper. If you want a larger box, draw a bigger square. Use the same idea for a smaller box.


 Then, cut it out.



 Then, on each corner, draw a little square. I used a book to help me get even squares on all sides. 



 Now you want to cut the little squares out. 



 Then fold the little flaps in and now you have the bottom of the box!



 Notice that there is a little slit on each corner. This is how you want it to look. 



 Now all you want to do is just cut out a square of paper slightly larger than you cut out for the bottom of the gift box. 


 Then, like you did for the bottom, make little corners on each side. 



 This time, only cut ONE side on each corner. (Don't cut out the whole square.)  Then you should be able to fold it over. 


 Then you are going to fold in all the sides and use some glue on the little flaps that you folded over to hold your box together. You can also use tape, but I decided to just use glue. 


 Now, you can Mod Podge the lid. 



 Don't put a lot though because you just want to give it just a little but of shine. 
NOTE: If you are using textured paper, don't Mod Podge it. 


 Now place the lid on to see if it fits! 



 Mine fits so now you can add stickers, or ribbon!



 That's it!







 You can fit most doll shirts and skirts in your gift box. 



I hope you enjoyed! Will you make one of these any time soon?


post signature

18 comments:

  1. Perfect! I have a lot of scrapbook paper I need to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love making things out of paper, I'll have to try a gift box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love making things out of paper too!

      Delete
  3. That is awesome! I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making boxes for my dolls! I need to make it! It sounds like it's really easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's easy and cute. I hope you make one for your dolls!

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's a great idea! I have some cute paper that I'm going to use to make a box for my doll later today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I hope you have fun making it!

      Delete
  6. That is AWESOME!!! I'm gonna try it right now. PS in the supply list, you put glue stick on twice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Cool! Feel free to send me a picture if you do at amayapaes at gmail dot com!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful. Instant gift wrapping. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete