Doll Hairstyle: 6 Strand Weave Braid

Hi, everyone! Today I am going to show you a fun hairstyle to try on your doll: the 6 strand weave braid.

Here is how it turned out on Saige. (I know, Saige has been in a lot of my posts lately. But this really works best with a doll that has long, slightly wavy hair. If it's straight like Mckenna's, you can still do it, but I think it's easier with wavy hair.

First, divide your doll's hair into 6 equal sections. I did it by dividing it in half, then dividing each half into 3 equal parts. Brush each section so it looks nice and neat.


Now take the strand on the left.....



and start to weave it through the rest of the strands.....



going over strand #2, under strand #3, over #4, under #5, over #6. Now it will be your 6th strand and the 2nd strand will be your first strand. If that doesn't make sense, see the photo below.


Here I have done it twice. The first one is already weaved through, then I repeated and put arrows on the second strand to show you how it's going over and under the other strand.


Here, I have done it a few times. Just keep repeating until you get as far down as you want. Each time you will end up with the left strand being on the right. Keep it there as your 6th strand, and start over from left to right.

It's starting to look weaved.



And here is the completed braid!







I hope you enjoyed this hairstyle!


post signature

27 comments:

  1. This is my first comment here, but I've been reading your blog for a while :) I love that hairstyle, it looks so beautiful on Saige! :) Could you please check out my blog? If you want to, the link is below :)

    --Shelby-Grace
    http://ohmydollies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Saige looks beautiful with that hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! I have had my doll for two years and her hair is a mess! the bottom layer is frizzy. Do you have any tips? Or any body who thinks they can help!!! Please reply!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do a Downy dunk, there's instructions everywhere on the internet. Also, if some of it is just frizzy beyond repair, just trim it off.

      Delete
    2. Go to agsnapshots on Youtube and she has a video on how to fix a dolls hair and body! Heres the link if your interested! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w579MTG8kXI

      Delete
    3. Fabric softener helps!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That looks beautiful on Saige! (P.S. I love her outfit, where did you get it?)
    You explained that really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Under the photo, it says where everything is from. :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing Job! Could you do more hair turtorials!!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! My dolls hair is straight but I'm going to try it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty! Our Saige would love it. Thank you for the great instructions.

    ~ Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that braid! I'll most likely try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's so cool! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you enjoy doing it.

      Delete
  10. It's gorgeous! Do you always work left to right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. neat could u do more hair please? thank

    ReplyDelete
  12. could u do this with the bead hairstyles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you could

      Delete
    2. probablely not completely sure

      Delete