Easy Easter/Church Doll Re-purposing Craft: Bible

Hey everyone! It's almost Easter time, so I have a little craft that I made using something
that my mom was about to throw away!
This is a re-purposing craft that is quick and super easy if you can find the right item.
But you could always make these little books out of cardboard/thick paper if you can't find any.


 My brother was getting rid of his old toys and we found some of these toddler books
he had when he was younger and thought it would make a great doll book!
This is just a prop, because I didn't change the inside, but from the outside, it will look like a Bible!
You could also make this into any book you want, like math or science school books.

You Will Need: 
Glue, Scissors, Black Paper, Small Book about 2 1/2" long,
(Optional) letter stickers or silver or white paint pen




 Use the book and trace out a piece of black paper then glue it on. Make sure you close the book when you measure the paper, and fold the paper around the book, then trace on both sides. Otherwise, your black cover will not be big enough if you open the book and trace around that.


 Here is what it looks like. Now, this is optional, but you can add a bookmark. So, I decided to make one just because I though is was cute! ^__^



 Cut a piece of ribbon slightly longer then the front of the book.





Now I put a tab of glue between the back cover and back of the book, (can you see it?)
and tucked the ribbon into that, then flattened it down, and wiped off any excess glue.



Then pull the bookmark over to the "page" you want it on.




 Put a dab of "non fray" glue or any fabric glue on to the end so the ribbon won't fray. :)




Next, with my silver paint pen, I drew a little cross.
Or you could use little letter stickers to put "Holy Bible" on it.



I just used a straight edge to draw a line.



Then I crossed it.




That's it!
I made six of them; one for each of my dolls, including Chloe!







Stay tuned tomorrow to see my dolls all ready for Easter!



post signature

23 comments:

  1. That is super cute!! What a great idea to use mini toddler books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad we saved these little books!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a great idea! Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. To add to your Bible idea you could put bible verses on the inner pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! Such an awesome craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-cute! I've seen keychain Bibles (that have actual Bible text in them), but never when I had the extra cash to pick them up. These are a great substitute. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I think I've seen those before. I'm glad my mom didn't throw these away, because she almost did! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm having a contest giveaway at http://agfanblog2013.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooo cute! I'm Jewish, so I won't do it like this, but I might, instead of the cross, write in tiny letters "Torah" on it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes that would work also. Glad you like the idea!

      Delete
  9. What a great way to use something you were just going to throw away. You are so sweet to make one for Chloe too, is she still visiting you? I can't wait to see all your dolls ready for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Chloe will be here for a few more days until my grandma comes. :)

      Delete
  10. I love this project.! Wish I had seen it last week as I made a church scene and didn't have enough Bibles for all my dolls! On the blog, Living a doll's life, they featured my dolls today if you'd like to see them. I love all the projects you do on your blog!!! Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, I will check it out to see all your dolls.:)

      Delete
  11. Awesome idea! I use the little pocket Bibles that only have the New Testament and Psalms and Proverbs in it for my dolls, but I like this idea so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What religion are you?
    I'm Roman Catholic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia! I go to a Baptist Church. :)

      Delete
  13. I like your blog! Especially this craft. My blog is about nature and re-purposing, you can visit it at http://www.artdoorfun.com/
    Lily

    ReplyDelete