Doll Craft: Waffles

Hello! Today I will show you a tutorial for doll waffles! These are pretty easy, and are a great
substitute for clay doll food. So let's get started!

Here is what we will be making.


You will need: beige craft foam, small piece of yellow craft foam, syrup colored paint (like caramel), also a "golden-brown" paint (not pictures), paint brush, scissors, and a square tool. I used an old door knob that we don't use any more. You could also use a mini die, or even make your own square out of clay.

First cut two squares about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2".



Then I cut a tiny piece off each corner to round them a little.



So you'll have this. Looking like waffles yet? :)



Then I took my square tool and made 9 impressions.



Like so, starting exactly in the middle.



Make 3 across.



Then 2 more, to make a cross shape.



Then make the last 4, one in each corner.



Then you'll have this. You have to press down really well to make a good impression.
So do it one more time for good measure.


Now here are both of them.



Then I mixed red, brown, and yellow paint until I got this color.
Then I dabbed a tiny bit on, and spread it around with my finger, wiping most of it off.


So it will look like this.



Both of them.



Now mix some glossy brown and yellow paint, and add just a tiny bit of red to it, and mix until you get
a good syrup color that you like.


Now just start spreading it on carefully to look like drizzled syrup.



Then cut 2 little squares of yellow for the butter. Mine are about 1/2 x 1/2" because my dolls
like lots of butter. :) Press them onto the wet paint.


That's it!



Then I just took some off my gumballs that I made for my dolls, and put them on the plate like berries.
I made them by just rolling polymer into little balls. But you can serve your waffles with anything you want.


Summer is starting her day of right!



My dolls like waffles almost as much as me and my brother do!



I hope you enjoyed!


post signature

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for tutorial! I really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Have fun if you make it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes my dolls said they were yummy!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That's what my dolls said. he he

      Delete
  4. We'll have to try this! My kids enjoy making doll food as part of our homeschool art classes, and this is definitely going to make the list (either this school year or next). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I hope you have fun making them!

      Delete
  5. That is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE it!!! Where did you get the glossy paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is from the craft store.

      Delete
  7. This is such a cute idea!! Plus it looks good too. I just found this blog and I think it is really good! I will be looking at this blog every day for more posts now!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a cool idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What did you use as the syrup holder?

    ReplyDelete