Craft: Make a Doll Sized Lamp

 Hello! Today I have a fun and easy craft for you: a doll sized lamp! I have seen a few lamp
crafts before, but I decided to make my own version of a doll lamp, so let's get started.


Here is what the finished lamp looks like.




You will need:
1. a candlestick that is about 6 to 8" tall
2. paint and paint brush
3. glue
4. paper (your choice)
5. scissors
6. empty roll from masking tape
7. clean and dry yogurt topping lid
8. battery operated tea light candle


First, paint your candlestick whatever color you want. White is a good color,
because it will match any color lampshade you pick.
Note: this candlestick was about $1.80 at Hobby Lobby (with coupon), and the rest of the supplies were things I already had around the house. So it is a very cheap doll lamp!




Here is the painted candlestick. I painted mine twice.




Now take the empty masking tape roll, and the empty yogurt lid thingy.....





And glue the yogurt thingy into the empty tape roll. Let that dry.





Next, take the paper you choose for the lampshade and cut a strip about 5" wide,
and cut all the way across.




Now take the empty tape roll (that has the yogurt thingy inside) and put glue around it.




Glue your pretty paper carefully around it, making sure the edges meet exactly together.





Now you'll have this.




Almost done.




So put some glue around the top of the candlestick (I forgot to take a photo with the glue on.)




And place your lampshade on top.
Then just set the tea light down inside on top of the yogurt lid.



That's it!





























I hope you enjoyed!



post signature

21 comments:

  1. I think this might be the best craft idea by you yet! GREAT job girl! Very creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i DEFINITELY want to make this!!! So inexpensive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I hope you enjoy making it.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. I love the color you chose for the shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it goes with most of my doll stuff.

      Delete
  5. Hi, I absolutely LOVE your blog!!! I also am doing some ag kitchen remodeling, and stuff, so I was wondering if you could do a kitchen tour, with all your awesome doll food!!
    Means a lot thanks-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks a lot for visiting my blog. I did a review of my doll kitchen here: http://funwithagfan.blogspot.com/2013/11/our-generation-kitchen-reviewtour.html
      And I will post my doll food and other stuff soon!

      Delete
  6. Hi! I love all the crafts you do on your blog! They are perfect for American girl dolls! I haven't actually done any of your crafts yet, because I have been awfully busy, but I hope too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your crafts!!! its my favorite blog. were do you get the space for your dolls?

    ReplyDelete