Craft: Make a Doll Chaise Lounge Chair

Hello! Happy April Fool's Day! Today's post is no joke, it's a real craft. lol
But first, I have put links below of a few of my favorite pranks for you to read that my dolls or doll pets have done in honor of April Fool's Day. Just click on any of the links below.






And now it's time to get serious! This craft is super easy, there are just a couple steps.


Can you tell what the chaise is made of that Sarah is sitting on?
Well I'm about to tell you. :)






You will need: 2 Yoga blocks and 8 bottle lids (only 4 pictured).
Optional: Craft foam, scissors, and glue.
This doll furniture is a great prop because you don't have to build anything and you don't
even need to glue anything if you want to remove everything when you're done playing.
Your mom might already have some old yoga blocks, or watch out for them on sale.


If you want to be able to reuse the yoga blocks, don't do anything except put them side by side
and put the bottle lids under them. But if you want to, you can cut strips of craft foam to glue around the bottom for a "frame." Mine are about 1" tall and long enough to go all the way around both blocks.




Here I have put the craft foam strips around the bottom.
Also, you might want to cut yours a little straighter than I did. lol





Now put your bottle caps underneath in each corner. Again, you can glue them on if you want to.
But if not, you can just place them underneath and it will look just the same.






Here it is without the craft foam around the bottom. It just has the caps underneath for legs.







Now take some fabric and fold it into a cushion. I used the bedspread that was on my doll bed.







Fold it to fit the length and width of your chaise lounge,







Now add some pillows for a comfy corner for your doll.
That's it!






Sarah can't wait to try it out.
















She likes it!







And so does Licorice.
















And here again is the version with the frame/trim around the bottom.















I hope you enjoyed this craft!





post signature

23 comments:

  1. Cute! I remember the water gun fight, cute post. Did you make Sarah's necklace? It's cute.

    -Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I used mini nail glitter bottles from Dollar Tree and put the string through.

      Delete
    2. I will have to try that!

      Delete
  2. were did you gt the lamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! Love the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! And the colors match your loft room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Pretty much any store sells them like Walmart.

      Delete
  6. Love it! Check out my blog at http://peacelovecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be an expert in making these little chaise chairs, So now we can produce it on a bigger scale. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I DID NOT HAVE YOGA BLOCKS SO I USED TO BOXES JUST THE RIGHT SIZE HOPE THATS OKAY -ANONYMOUS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Tried it out and just the right size for a bed aswell!

    ReplyDelete