School Portraits

Hi, everyone! We recently had our spring school portraits done at my school,
and so did my dolls!
Let's take a look at how I did them for my dolls.

I found these sheets of poster board on clearance at Target for 30 cents or something.
Two came in the package: one pink/orange, and one blue/green.
I think they look sorta like those backgrounds you have to choose from for your
school pictures, and now my dolls had 2 options to choose from.


Next, I looked through my dolls clothes to find some solid colors.
It is best to wear solid colors or something without too much of a pattern for portraits.





After picking out their outfits, I fixed their hair. I recommend something nice and simple.
Your doll doesn't need too many big huge bows or flowers in her school picture.
I couldn't talk Saige out of a side flower though. :)



Now, you don't need this, but you might want to gather a few props that are school-related.
I choose a little globe, a stool, an apple, a couple of books, and a pencil.
So my dolls had a choice of  background and props.



Now my dolls are all ready for their school pictures!
Take a look at how they turned out.

Mckenna






June






Saige






Summer






Sarah

Well, there you have it! My dolls school portraits! I hope you enjoyed it!
Will your dolls have their school portraits?


  post signature

27 comments:

  1. I like saige and summer the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saige and Summer said thank you!

      Delete
  2. You are nominated for the Liebster Award! Go here: http://carrotandclaire.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebester-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the portraits are beautiful, I love the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like the background too!

      Delete
  4. I'll have to look for that posterboard. It's absolutely perfect for "school photo backdrops" for the dolls! You did a fantastic job with the staging and the photography, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it is perfect too! Thank you, and you're welcome!

      Delete
  5. Great idea! I haven't done any school portraits yet, but am hoping to do some as soon as I can find something to use as a backdrop. I haven't seen that poster board anywhere before, I hope I can get some….
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you can find the perfect the perfect thing for a background.

      Delete
  6. So cute! I like sarah the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah hers is one my favorites too!

      Delete
  7. i love the backround your dolls hair is very well brushed

    ReplyDelete
  8. can u check out my blog
    www.adventuremyagabby.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like saige the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saige is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete