Craft: Make a Food Bowl for Your Doll's Pet

Hi! Today I have a simple craft for you to make for your doll's pet: a pet food bowl.

You will need the lid from a yogurt with toppings in the lid, or any small bowl or lid,
paint in your choice of color, paint brush, and stickers or paint pen to decorate.





I started by painting my lid in this blue color.
It took 2 coats, and I just painted the bottom/outside, because it's clear,
so the inside didn't need to be painted.




Here I have painted it and let it dry.







Once it's dry, I decorated it with a white paint pen and just made
little dots and lines for bones and paw prints.
If your bowl is shaped differently, like if it has a flatter rim, you could do this all over the outside of it.
Let it dry.
Or if you can find tiny stickers, you could just decorate it with those.




Then I just cut up some brown craft foam and filled my bowl with it.







That's it! Here are my 2 finished pet bowls.






Now my dolls have 2 happy pets.














I hope you enjoyed!







post signature

22 comments:

  1. That is really cute! Oh, and you need to update your craft page. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do this! So cute! The food looks like chocolate! :)

    -Kitty & Puppy from dollpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it because the bowls at the AG doll store are to tiny to me! And its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of the AG stuff is to small for the price.

      -Kitty & Puppy from dollpage.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Me to! The price of the AG stuff is to much money!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, I agree some of the stuff is too small.

      Delete
    4. a lot of things are to much money including the dolls

      Delete
  4. Super cute! :) Next time I get a yogurt parfait I will be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have your dolls met Chloe yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Chloe is here at my grandma's house with us!

      Delete
  6. That is fabulous! Love the detail on the finishing designs. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I use this craft for my blog? I will give all credit to you. Thanks for sharing! :)

    -AG chick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get your pets? There soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the inspiration! As a grandmother I just made a dog bowl for my Grand Daughter's 18" American Girl's pet and what I used was; the tiny plastic containers that come with a peel-off top which you can usually find in the grocery store that holds a one (to two) serving of a food condiment. i.e.: Salad Dressing, Plum Sauce, BBQ Sauce and are often around the area of prepared salads or other foods like BBQ chicken etc. The container itself is normally white and has an expiry date stamped on its side which can easily be removed with Nail Polish Remover. All said, I found it to be the perfect scale out of many that I tried. (Not too deep nor too large, correct shape and is easily painted.) -Brenda-
    P.S.: Re the yogurt and garnish containers you mentioned; I found the garnish lid works well as a base for the condiment one I mentioned as it forms a lip on the bottom like a lot of real dog dishes have. (Just use a few dabs of glue to secure it.) I just asked the young girl behind the deli counter if she would sale me a couple of just the lids but she generously gave them to me for nothing ... ☺.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.: To get perfectly round circles to create a dog print: use the eraser at the end of a pencil and just dip it in some paint. If you wish something even smaller; create your own template by using a strip of painter's tape and a small hole punch. i.e.: Punch three to four small holes placed apart and three holes slightly overlapping one another to create the dog's pad. The same methods could be used for doggy bones and fill in the middle with a rectangle.

      Delete