Craft: Make a Toilet for Your Doll

You all may remember this post. My dad made me a sink for my dolls for Christmas.

Here is the sink my dad made. And the tub is from Our Generation.
But something is missing. My dolls needed a toilet!
I have seen a doggie water bowl thing that looks just like a toilet for 18" dolls,
but it is pretty expensive., so the other day, I decided to make one out of mostly craft foam,
and below is how I did it.


You will need: A spreadable butter tub, scissors, white craft foam, glue gun and glue sticks.






Here I have cut a piece of white craft foam about 3 3/4" tall and long enough to go around the tub.
You don't need the lid for the butter tub.






Turn over the tub and start gluing the foam around it.






Like this. Trim off the excess.






Now cut out your seat to fit on top of the base you just made. Mine is about 4 3/4 x 5 1/4.
Cut out two of these, then just cut a hole out of one to look like a toilet seat.
Don't cut a hole out of the other one, it will be your lid.  As you can see, mine isn't perfect.




Glue it on.







Now cut out two small rectangles.






And glue them onto your lid.






Now glue the other end to your toilet base.






Now I just cut another strip about 3 3/4 tall and 11" long.
I glue it together and flattened it to look like the toilet tank.





I cut an oblong shape to glue to the top for the tank lid.














Now the tank has a lid.







The I cut one more piece long enough to glue inside the tank and to the back of the toilet.






I glued the ends together to make a cylinder.






I glued it to the inside of the tank.






Then to the back of the toilet.






And the last thing is to cut out one more piece to put in the bottom of the toilet so you won't see the butter tub.  I just cut an oblong shape and trimmed it until it fit.





That's it!






Now your doll's bathroom is complete!
The dolls fit on it perfectly, trust me. lol






Mckenna loves the new bathroom. You can even put a plant or something on the back.






So there you have it! A super cheap doll toilet!
I hope you enjoyed!



post signature

25 comments:

  1. That's really cool, great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so creative! A perfect toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so creative. I think you have just exposed AGs biggest flaw-where the heck do our dolls use the restroom?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! So very creative. Will be sharing this a couple of times over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!! I was actually wondering what to do for ag toilet, and now I have my answer!! Thank u so much! Going on my "to do list"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's great, I hope it turns out well!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, your dolls will be glad to have a toilet. :)

      Delete
  7. :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

    ~Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. My poor dolls..... they have no where to use the restroom. But the worst part is I can't make the toilet because I have no craft foam. :(:(:( I guess they'll have to go to their friends house just to use the restroom.....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made mine out of cardboard!

      Delete
  9. Kinda funny and in barrising !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really beautiful.Thank for the idea.

    ReplyDelete