Doll Valentine's Hairstyle

Howdy, people! Today, I am going to show you a quick Valentine's Day hairstyle.
This hairstyle has a lot of variations, I am just showing you one way today.

You need a wire bristle brush (sorry, I tried to clean most of the hair out. :) ),
some hair elastics. and a bobby pin or two.
You might want a couple more or a small clip to secure any loose hair.


Choose a doll with longer hair. Put it into a part-ponytail.





About this far back on her head.





Divide it in half now, and brush it so it's neat.





Braid one side.




Then the other.




Now push it up like this.





You're going to make a heart shape!





Take your bobby pin and slide it into the top of your "heart."





Now bring the two sides down carefully and
tie with a hair elastic.
That's it!



Here it is from the front.





If you want a neutral colored elastic for the top,
you could do that do. Choose one that matches your doll's hair.
You could do this hairstyle with several smaller hearts too.


Now your doll can go to her Valentine's Day party at school looking festive!



post signature

23 comments:

  1. Cool hairstyle! I might be trying this one.
    Jessi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'll have to see if I can do that on my dolls hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of thing! You can also do ones where you french braid towards to face and then tie them together (it sounds hard but there are pictures online). The one you made is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes there are many ways you can do it.

      Delete
  4. I wore that hair style on Valentines Day two years ago! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I am so doing that on my doll. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I would love to see a photo if you do it!

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty!!!
    Flower
    Craftingwithmnm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! Doll Diaries picked THIS for their Picks of the Week! :D :D Awesome! lol

    -Meghan at Girlydolltype.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute hairstyle. Thank you for sharing it.
    Congratulations for getting a pick of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah! super cute, except for my doll's hair is layered, so I don't think it will work...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this might not work with layered hair. Maybe you could just put some heart barrettes or other heart decoration in her hair. :)

      Delete
  10. OMG I love this hairstyle!! I also tried it on my friend, who has long hair, and it worked! THX!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool! I tried this on my McKenna doll only the heart was sticking on the top of her head :o . opps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol but at least you tried.

      Delete
  12. Great!!! I am always looking forward to new hairstyles! ( Especailly for my dolls!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!!! I cant wait to try this on my doll! (That im getting around thanksgiving ):( ) But all of your tutorials are GREAT!!!!! im going to secretly try them all lol but still, keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete