Craft: Make a Doll Sized Microphone

Today's craft was a request from Gina. She wanted a microphone, so here is my version of one. Actually, it's two versions, depending on what you have or like better. So let's get started!


You will need: for version 1: an old paint brush that is about a half inch thick, silver paint (I just used my paint pen, and your dad's old little black foam microphone cover from an old set of headphones.
If you don't have this, try a music or electronic store to see if they have one laying around
that they will give you.
For version 2: gray or silver paper to replace the paint brush
and silver paint, tape, and the little foam thingie like above.


I was gonna ask for help cutting my paint brush,
but it just popped of as you can see in this photo.



So now I have this. :)
You can cut it down to make it shorter,
as you will see below.



I painted it silver. (Moving fast, hehe)



Now for the fun part: Just take of this little mini microphone
cover of the mouth piece of some old headphones.
It makes the PERFECT doll sized microphone!



Now I got some help cutting my paint brush to make it shorter.



Put the black foam over the thicker end of the paint brush.




 That's it!























Now for version #2: Just take your gray or silver paper
and cut it into about a 4" x 4" square.




Roll it into a cone shaped tube and tape closed.
Make sure your microphone cover will fit over it.




Pop the black foam cover on.





That's it!






Now your doll is ready to sing or perform.
Or recite her speech for the regional speech meet,
(which I have to do soon at school.)





I hope you enjoyed this easy craft!
Which version do you like better?





post signature

26 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I also like version one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Version 2 better. Would you please post about the giveaway you entered on my blog http://agfanblog2013.blogspot.com?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like version 1 more!
    Good ideas! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea, they are both great options depending on the supplies you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree ! Sometimes is hard to find a paintbrush that will work for this craft.

      Delete
  5. Neat! Version one seems more sturdy. both options are good depending on what you may find on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that version one is more sturdy but both are cute!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That is so nice of you!

      Delete
    2. Oops, I accidentally deleted your comment.
      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  7. I like version 1 better because it really does look more realistic! Thanks for showing us how to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Version one! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both versions! They both look very real! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like version 1 because you take your time and make it look more realistic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute!! Feel free to check out my blog https://thedollsoftexas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete