Christmas Series: Gift Ideas for Dolls Craft #1: Cookie Mix in a Jar

Hi people! Today is the first day of December, and you know what that means? It means today begins the Christmas series called "Gift Ideas for Dolls" So let's begin! Our first craft will be chocolate chip cookie mix in a jar.

We've all seen these, right?
They make great Christmas gifts, so why not make one for dolls?
(I found the image here)


Today June is doing the "recipe" and is going to give it to Summer for Christmas.
(Ssshhh, don't tell Summer.)
You will need: 
  1. A mini mason jar found at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores
  2. ribbon or raffia,
  3. fabric of your choice,
  4. scissors,
  5. white craft foam or anything white (I used toilet paper)
  6. brown craft foam
  7. tan craft foam
  8. a mini recipe card: you can print one like what I will show you below. 



First fill your jar with your "flour."
I just stuffed mine with toilet paper, but you could use white craft foam cut into a strip and wrap it around the inside of the jar.





Now cut up your brown craft foam into 179 little chunks (lol)
Then, put them in your jar.


Like this, until you think it has enough. Try to divide each layer into thirds.


Now comes your brown sugar. Just wrap up the tan foam into a
circle and place it down into the jar.


Like this.


Now put a little more toilet paper or some sort of stuffing inside just to keep it all
tight and not moving around. Then screw on the lid.


Now, print an image like this one really small for a recipe card or,
write the recipe on a piece of paper. 


Cut a small square piece of fabric and place it over the lid,
and tie a piece of ribbon/raffia over it to hold the fabric on.


You can make a small hole in the corner of your recipe card and loop it through the ribbon.



That's it!



 June can't wait to give this to Summer for Christmas!


I hope you enjoyed this Christmas craft! Stay tuned for another great giveaway coming up soon, and don't forget to enter the giveaway with The Shop on Leighton Avenue. Tomorrow is your last chance!




post signature

11 comments:

  1. I love this craft! I think it is one of the most creative I've seen, good job Amaya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make this as soon as I get a mini jar! I luv!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making this for my doll, Rosie! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this craft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. choose one pair of ugg boots as christmas gift for your kid and it can keap kid's feet warm in winter http://www.classicugg.org
    Ugg Kid Short Classic Boots Black
    Chestnut Ugg Kid Short Classic Boots
    Ugg Kid Short Classic Boots Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has nothing to do with an AG doll cookie mix in a jar.

      Delete