Craft: Make a Pilgrim Costume for Your Doll

Hi! Thanksgiving is almost here, and I have a special craft for you today. This craft was inspired by my school play that I did a couple years ago. We made hats and collars like this, so since my grandma came over for the weekend, she helped me adjust the size for dolls. So here goes: a no-sew pilgrim costume for your doll!

Things you will need:
1. 1 sheet white cardstock or regular paper
2. 2 pieces white felt
3. black or dark colored ribbon
4. glue or clear tape
5. glue gun and glue
6. scissors


First, you will need a piece of white paper.
White cardstock or just plain white paper will work.
These are the measurements that my grandma helped me with:
click to make the photo bigger.

This is what your paper will look like once you've cut it out.
It's just basically a rectangle with these two triangles cut out of it,
then fold the top down an inch.

Now where you have the triangles, you are going to fold each side over onto the middle section.



Like this.



And glue it in place or just use some clear packaging tape.



This is what the front looks like.
Now take each side and curve it around.


Like this.



Now you can kinda flip the two sides up so they stick out a little bit.



Cut holes on each side (under the corner flaps) for your ribbon.



Put your ribbon through it and tie a knot.



Here's your finished hat.



Next is your collar.
Here are the dimensions. This time you will use white felt.
Just cut a rectangle.


Then trace around a circle that is about 2 1/4" in diameter.
Trace it right in the middle. Then fold your felt over and cut a slit from one side to the hole.


This is what it should look like.



Now make 2 holes to put your ribbon through, and tie a knot
like you did with the hat.


Moving to the apron, here are the dimensions.
This doesn't have to be exact. Just so it looks like an apron.


Cut it out.



Hot glue (or sew) some ribbon onto the top. Make sure it is long enough to tie around your doll's waist.
That's it!


Here are the 3 pieces on Saige.
If you have a plain white shirt, that would work. Long sleeve is best, but I just used what I had. This gray/silver skirt was the best one I had to match this costume. If you have black that would work, but I think the gray looks nice. Add some boots or plain shoes, and give her a Thanksgiving treat to serve!

The back.



And from the side.



She is ready to serve up some pumpkin pie.



Yum!



I can't wait to have some corn for the Thanksgiving feast.



Another close up of the collar.



And the hat.



I hope you enjoyed today's craft!
What are you and your doll doing for Thanksgiving?



post signature

17 comments:

  1. Adorable! I can see how you made the pumpkin pie! Are you going to do a tutorial on it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am planning to do a tutorial for it. :)

      Delete
    2. It looks like I have all the supplies for it by looking at that picture!!

      Delete
    3. :) Yeah it is really easy. I will do the tutorial this week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, I think she makes a good pilgrim.

      Delete
  3. That is so cute, Saige is a perfect pilgrim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute for words! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I have 3 dolls including Kirsten. I made the whole outfit and tried it with Kirsten's dress and it looked very nice. I like Kirsten's bonnet better with it, though. My dolls and I are going to visit my cousins and their 4 dolls for thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete