Beauty Series: Make a Doll Boutique

Hi! Today I am going to show you how to make a doll boutique! I mostly used stuff I had around the house. But there are a few things you will need if you don't already have them.

Here is what the boutique looks like.



You can customize yours to look however you want.



First you need a project board. You know, the kind you use for science projects.
They are a great size for a doll room. And they are three-sided so you have walls.
Cover it in some cheap paper. I got this contact paper at the Dollar Tree.
I think it looks boutiquish. :)

Next, you will need some windows. I used picture frames for windows. I also got these at the Dollar Tree.
They are already black, so they matched, and the strips of black are just paper that I glued on. Then I hot glued them to the wall.
The sky background came from a magazine, but you could also use cloud scrapbooking paper.


You don't have to have this, but I found this "chandelier" at Walmart. It's a Christmas ornament.



It matches my boutique, don't you think?



This was a Goodwill find!



And this fur thing came from my grandma.
I don't know what it is, but it works as a shawl for the dolls.



This little mirror came from Joann Fabrics.



This is a little trinket thing that had baskets in it. I took them out and put black paper on the bottom.
Fill any little box or shelf you have with sparkly bracelets or whatever you want to decorate it!






Here is another little box thing that I had.



This purse rack is actually a hand towel rack.



Set up your counter.
I just used my doll's laptop and a mini vase with the American Girl cafe flower in it.

And you're ready to let your dolls go shopping.
"Will these sunglasses be all for you today?"




"How about a free sample of our lotion?"



"I'll put one in the bag for you."
"Have a great day! I hope you enjoyed shopping at our boutique!"



Thanks for visiting my doll boutique!







I hope you enjoyed it!


post signature

21 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it! This boutique is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! You did such a great job decorating it and filling it with such cute things. I think I am going to try to make a room, probably not a boutique but maybe a bedroom or living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you make it!

      Delete
    2. yeah same!! Ihave a bedroom and I will soon send Amaya pics soon.

      Delete
  2. So cute!! I love the background!
    Flower
    craftingwithmnm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!

    Maddie
    maddierme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. Very well decorated. You could get sky pictures from old calendars too.
    I more I look at it, the cooler it gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a good idea. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I love it! I've been wanting to make something similar for my kids, and I'm going to use a lot of your ideas when I do.

    I especially love the "wallpaper". I've seen it at Dollar Tree but never realized how pretty it was all rolled out. I'm definitely going to use it for my own boutique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. If you make it, I would love to see photos! :)

      Delete
  6. What did you use for the nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BWAHahahaha....fur thing. That is totally what I would call it! Sorry, that just struck my funny bone:) I think it is probably a fur collar from the 1930's or something, Just a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea!!! I don't know how you come up with these things!!!!! If you could can you make a doll room? I don't know if you have already, but was seeing that if you haven't then you can please make one. If you have will you tell me the link? THX Trying to set up a doll room for my two dolls Emily and Saige and can't figure out how to fit everything inside of the room! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just set up a space in my room.

      Delete
  9. Inspirational doll boutique and really nicely put together post.

    ReplyDelete