Craft How to Make a Doll Laptop

Hi, today I am going to show you how to make a laptop for your doll. It is super easy! 


You will need:

1. a business card holder (ask your parents if they have one) Those little flimsy ones are fine.
2. a keyboard printable, a screen printable, and a printed logo or sticker if you want.
3. scissors                                    
4. regular glue (Correction: you do not need a glue gun! just regular glue is fine.)

I typed "laptop keyboard printable" into google images and printed the one I wanted that kinda matched the color of my business card holder. Then my mom captured a screenshot of my blog to print. I used the option in Easy Photo Print of fitting 9 images on the paper (3 rows of 3) and that was a pretty good size. Ask your parents for help.
Cut out your printables.

The card holder already has a plastic "screen" so just slide the paper in.


Like this. You can switch the pictures out whenever you want.


You are going to glue the keyboard on.


Like this. Now you're almost done. You can laminate the keyboard if you want with some clear packaging tape.

I printed a tiny little Fun with AG Fan! logo to put on my laptop. But you could also just use a cute little sticker. Here's the glue.

Now I have my logo!


That's it!


It pretty much stays open the way you want it.























post signature

35 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Glad you liked it!

      Delete
    2. really your
      awesome amazing
      cool -caroline

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are so creative! I love the laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I thought you were making a doll compact case!
    - Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will post that one next. :)

      Delete
  4. OUTSTANDING! I love this craft! What a great use for a business card holder. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU SO MUCH! We did this in out kindergarten/1st grade American Doll Club today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get your dolls ears pierced or are they fake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cool! I don't know if we have any business card holders, though. phooey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talented! Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your channel i love your dolls and your so nice to everyone who comments on your blog i hope i get top make a craft by you super cool i love you and your doll summer but all your dolls ae good my friend is name is summer (lol) plus i love the name thanks p.s.how do you think of this stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice comment. :) I guess I just think of it because I love AG dolls and I like to think of stuff for them to play with. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, I like it! I am making a bigger laptop for a game I play with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have a clue where to find the business card holders? Have looked at office supply stores and on line. Any help would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You can find them on Amazon but my dad got it from work. He said a lot of businesses have them so maybe if you check they can give you one for free. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Amaya, I too have thep roblem of finding a business card holder. I looked on Amazon but only found stainless steel/aluminum ones. All the leather ones were thick and had a lot of pockets, and none of them had plastic screen like you have here. Are there any places where I can find one that resembles that one?
      Please help, and thanks in advance!
      ~Madison~

      Delete
    3. Hi! If you type "vinyl business card holder" in ebay, they sell them in different colors. I saw some for $1.99. Let me know if that helps and if you find some!

      Delete
    4. OK!! Thank you SO much for rpelying so quickly, I'll go look on eBay right now. :D

      Delete
    5. I found EXACTLY what I needed, thank you for your help and AMAZING craft tutorials!

      Delete
    6. I found one on Ebay too. This is such a good idea!
      Thanks Amaya!
      ~The OurAGDollhouse Team

      Delete
  12. Cute! I made this one, I will send u a pic of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully my mom has a card holder...

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow i really want to do this but i dont have a card holder. its cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a cool craft! All I need is a business card holder

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much! I am totally going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is really awesome! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cool! But, how did you get the laptop to stay open as you show in the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome! I have got to use this!
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete