Beauty Series Craft #2 Make a Cosmetic Caddy for Your Doll

Hi! Today I have a fun craft for you. Last week, I showed you how to make some easy nail files for your doll. And I have a few more beauty items to show you, but before we make any more of those, let's make a caddy organizer for your doll to put all of her cute little beauty items or other things in!

You will need: 
  • a small cup or any circle to trace
  • pencil
  • craft foam in any color you want
  • hot glue and glue gun
  • two small beads
  • an old flexible plastic bracelet or even a thin strip of craft foam (for your handle)
  • mirror paper
  • decorations of your choice like jewel on a roll
  • and a tiny rubber band in a matching color.


First, trace a circle on to your craft foam. Then trace another one beside it, just about an inch over.

Now connect the two by drawing lines, making an oblong shape.

Now cut it out.

You need two of them. So once you cut the first one out, trace around it to cut out the second one exactly the same.

If you want it to have a mirror, trace and cut your craft foam oval on to some mirror paper and cut out. This needs to be the same size or slightly smaller than your craft foam piece above.


Now cut two long strips about 3/4" tall and long enough to go all the way around your oval.


Now glue your strip around your ovals. Glue all the way around.

And it will look like this! Do the same thing for both of your ovals.


Now cut little strips to make dividers inside your caddy, as many as you want.

So you will have one with divided areas, and one without for your lid.

Now poke two small holes in your lid with a pencil.

This is where you are going to put your handle in.
You could just glue a strip of craft foam for the handle, but I thought this was cute and I had this old bracelet.

Here is the handle. I just hot glued it underneath.


Next, glue your mirror into the lid so your doll can see herself when she opens it up.


Now cut a small rectangle of foam, about 1" x 1/2", but this doesn't have to be exact and you can trim it if you need to.


This will be the hinge, so just glue it to the back like this.


Now it opens!

Finish with whatever decorations you want. I glued two beads on the front for the latch. 
And to cover the glue on top, my mom had some of this jewel on a roll, and it matched perfectly!


The tiny rubberband is to hold it closed. Just loop it around the two buttons.

That's it! Here is your doll caddy!

















I hope you liked today's craft!

If you are wondering where my doll's gorgeous dress came from, it came from 18 Boutique!



post signature

26 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! My daughter and I are going to do some crafting from your website this weekend! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my doll i love this blog!!!! your crafts are so life like and awesome your dolls must be so greatful to have a mom ( or owner) like you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dolls are pretty happy with all their stuff. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the caddy, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks so professional it doesn't look like it's made out of foam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think black foam looks best. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Amaya! I have read your blog a lot, I JUST got up the nerve to comment, since you put up an Anonymous profile! thanks!
    - Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting. It means a lot!

      Delete
  6. Amaya? is it nosy to ask how old are you???????? I am fairly certain your NOT a little kid, E.G. 1-6, Right?
    - Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not between 1-6, you are right. :)

      Delete
  7. Amaya, could you make a tutorial for 14 inch dolls?
    - Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think most of my crafts would work for 14" dolls just the way they are but some you could maybe just make them slightly smaller then they would work.

      Delete
  8. I comment a lot! XD!
    - Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute! Looks just like the human ones you can get at Walmart and Target...only doll size. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is cute! I love your doll's dress! I have the same doll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :O Amazing!


    ~Bella (Ps, i'll always sign like that <---)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! I just made mine! It came out great! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    I came across your blog and i think that it is sooooooooooooooo awesome!!!That is such a cool dolly bag!!!

    Mia ( A fellow kid blogger like you!!!)

    p.s.

    please check out my blog littlemiabigworld.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hai Amaya!
    I came across your blog today searching for crafts for my one 18" doll! (She's not AG, but I love her! cx) I am absolutely OBSESSED with this blog! Its amazing how professional it is, and how realistic all your items that you make look!
    Thank you so much for this blog. Its a life saver when looking for good Etsy shops, crafts, and just well.. everything doll! c:
    ~Sara <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. DO you have any size dimensions for this? I am still trying to figure out sizing for 18 inch dolls.

    ReplyDelete