Craft: How to Make a Doll Grill

Today, I am going to show you how to make a doll grill from this post. I made this while I was at my grandma's house last week, and it was inspired from Julie's grill.

Things you will need: glue gun, glue stick, toothpicks, scissors, silver or black paint or paint pen, black cardstock, and wooden skewers.


                        First, fold the the paper about 4" over. Then do the same on the other side.
                       

It should look like this.




Then you fold the two sides down so that you have 1 1/4" sides to look like this.
Fold the two side flaps under.





Then cut to the middle fold and repeat on all sides.


You should get this look.



                                  You will have these flaps. But don't fold them in. Fold them under.



      Like this, folding the sides around these flaps.


                                                   Tuck the paper underneath and then unfold.




Now you will have to glue the flaps down.


                                                                Hold down as you glue. Then repeat on the other side.



                                                         Then line up all the toothpicks.



                                                                    Glue them together.



Paint them with a paint pen or silver pen. Or paint them before you begin your project. They would look good black or silver.



                                        Here is one I have already done. Cut, glue, and hold a skewer for the grate handle. Repeat to make two grates with handles.


                                         Then cut 2 pieces for the legs ans 4 shorter ones.


Now, make two legs that look like this. I am holding the two short ones, the long one is on the bottom. Repeat for the other leg.



                                                 Then, on the ends you put dabs of glue on.



                                                Then glue on the bottom of the grill.
Let dry and repeat for the other leg.


                                                   It should look like this upside down.


                                                           And like this right side up.


                                                                 Place the grates on.


That's it!




If you make this, send pictures of your dolls having a cookout, and I will post them!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway here!

post signature

28 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so cool! I am totally going to do this!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool it sounds kind of hard though but I would like to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not as hard as it looks! I hope you can figure it out! :0)

      Delete
    2. Ok thank I am going to try it today or tommmorow!

      Delete
  3. You did a great job, I love the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is groovy! We may try it, but we'll probably use a black container from Stouffer's frozen foods (like mac and cheese).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a substitute for hot glue?
    This craft is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Aleene's glue would be great for everything except gluing the legs on. For those, you kinda want it to dry fast so you don't have to hold it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! That means a lot to me. :)

      Delete
  7. Nice!
    So do I just need a black box with an open side?

    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant to say :D instead of D

      Delete
    2. Yes, a black box without a lid would work great!

      Delete
  8. This was really fun to add to my doll house!! My doll loved it!! My doll said that the hamburgers were very yummy ;)!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. I'm glad your doll loved it!

      Delete
  9. i think u are a good griller majiggy maker amaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like Julies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you get the hotdog and bun?

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hi there! My name is Scarlett and I am a user from wikiHow. WikiHow is a how-to website where I and other people write articles to help others all around the world.

    I really like your pictures. And I wanted to ask, is it okay if I put it on my article? If you don’t want me to, that’s perfectly fine! I just want to spread the word on how to make this. You see, we don’t have much American girl doll articles so I need some pictures. I don’t have a camera sadly. :(

    So..yeah. Please respond ASAP. Thanks and have a great day.

    Scarlett :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking. Sure you can use my photos in your article as long as you give me credit/link back to my blog. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Hi Scarlett! I'm a little young to be Wikihowian but I made an account before I noticed that you had to be 13 or older. Whoopsies...:) Anyway, I am too and I visit the website daily!

      Delete
  13. That is such an awsome idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute going on my list of things to do today while i don't have school.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. This tips is very use able and informative about how to make a craft.So I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive articles on this website. Keep up the wonderful work .

    ReplyDelete